Hospitality and Tourism Administration
Συμπληρώστε τη φόρμα και θα επικοινωνήσουμε μαζί σας σύντομα.
Title: Bachelor of Arts
Duration of Studies: 4 Years
The program enables the development of critical, analytical and synthetic thinking and educates students on hospitality and tourism issues, an industry which is perhaps the most important part of our economy.
At the same time, it fosters effective written and oral communication, familiarizes students with developing a business strategy and trains them in the various disciplines and roles of the industry, thus preparing them to become future leaders in hospitality and tourism.
The program also includes internships in various sectors of the tourism industry, while our direct interface with the labour market enables our students, upon completion of their studies, to be directly employed.
Accredited by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education.
- Purpose and Objectives
- Learning Outcomes
- Employment Opportunities
This degree program has been designed to provide high quality education by exposing students to various aspects of the hospitality and tourism management industry. The program will assist students to gain the needed education, knowledge and expertise as tomorrow’s hospitality and tourism business managers. The curriculum has been developed so that students will be able to acquire knowledge that will be valuable for their hospitality and tourism business careers, as well as to understand the basic functions, objectives and tools of management that are common to all managerial roles. Mandatory and elective courses have been developed so as to give students a strong sense of managerial responsibilities needed in hospitality and tourism businesses. Upon successful graduation, it is expected that graduates will be hired in supervisory or trainee management positions in various hospitality and tourism businesses.
Taking into consideration the purpose of the program, the general objectives are to:
- Provide students with a solid foundation in Hospitality and Tourism Management in terms of theoretical and practical skills
- Develop the students’ capacity to think, analyse and process information in an innovative and creative way
- Develop the students’ analytical and critical thinking, as well as their decision-making and communication competencies that will enable them to promote their personal/professional achievement and contribution to any hospitality and tourism organization
- Assist students in developing leadership skills which can be used to motivate employees
- Provide students with the necessary requirements for future academic and/or career prospects
- Enhance analytical skills and decision making in reaching solutions to problems relating to any hospitality and tourism organisation
Upon successful completion of the Hospitality and Tourism Management program, students will be able to:
- Become familiar with the hospitality and tourism business industry
- Gain knowledge in the areas of hospitality and tourism business environment
- Understand the tourism sector and its impact on the economy
- Understand and address socioeconomic, cultural and environmental issues relevant to managing hospitality and tourism operations
- Obtain an understanding of the management of organizational personnel and resources
- Acquire the attributes of a supervisory-level employee, along with organizational abilities
- Be developed academically through Major, Business, General, Computer, English and Foreign Language, Mathematics and Statistics courses
- Develop managerial skills through academic and workplace learning activities.
- Analyze business problems and propose innovative solutions
- Develop their problem-solving and communication skills
- Act responsibly as ethical and independent managers
- Develop a supportive organizational environment that fosters teamwork, loyalty, creativity and mutual understanding
- Develop operational plans, organize and control organizational resources in order to optimize customer expectations in the hospitality and tourism environment
Upon completion of the program, the graduates will be able to work at in a variety of hospitality and tourism industry sectors, both locally and abroad. Some of the occupations areas of employment are: Food and Beverage Management, Hotel and Resort Management, Front Office Manager, Reservations Supervisor, Assistant Hotel or Restaurant Manager, Marketing and Sales Director, Event Planners, Travel Agents, National Tourism Organisations, Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Associations, Agritourism Establishments, Customer Service and Self-Employed.
|TOU-100||Introduction to the Hospitality & Tourism Industry||6|
|MGT-101||Introduction to Management||6|
|TOU-318||Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality Industry||6|
|BUS-502||Research Methodology I||6|
|HOSP-200||Front Office Operations||6|
|HOSP-202||Housekeeping & Maintenance Management||6|
|HOSP-205||Restaurant Operations Management||6|
|HOSP-114||Summer Practicum I - Front Office Operations||6|
|HOSP-206||Food & Beverage Management||6|
|MIS-704||Management Information Systems||6|
|HRM-305||Human Resource Management||6|
|TOU-306||Case Studies in International Tourism & Hospitality||6|
|HOSP-208||Food & Beverage Cost Control||6|
|HOSP-214||Summer Practicum II - Kitchen, Food & Beverage||6|
|TOU-324||Sustainable Tourism Heritage & Society||6|
|HOSP-309||Hospitality and Tourism Marketing||6|
|TOU-416||Innovation in Tourism & Hospitality Management||6|
|HOSP-400||Managing Service Quality in the Hospitality Industry||6|
|TOU-400||European Community Tourism Law & Policy||6|
|BUS-503||Research Methodology II||6|
|HOSP-314||Summer Practicum III - Hotels, Restaurants & Bars||6|